Based on requests from a number of applicants to the Village Herbalist program, we’re now offering the option to pay an additional fee to attend all of the herb walks and camping trips with the 2nd year students. Selecting this option will count toward the yearly number of instruction hours needed toward AHG certification.
We know driving to the Center on a weeknight can feel like a bit too much if you live outside the local East Bay area, but it’s much easier on weekend days – and these walks and field trips will enrich your learning experience and give you the chance to meet and connect with both the plants and with the BHC community in-person!
- Oct 15 & 16: Weekend Diagnostics at BHC (10am-5pm each day): Clinical Assessment skills including pulse and tongue diagnosis and how to take blood pressure
- Nov 6: Botany
- Dec 4: Mushroom Identification
- Jan 8: Medicinal Mushroom Workshop
- Feb 5: Botany
- Mar 5: Botany
- Mar 26-31 :Anza Borrego Desert Trip
- May Seaweed Trip: Dates TBD depending on ocean tides
- June 22-25: Mt. Lassen Camping Trip
Adding these in-person intensives will provide you with additional hours of instruction needed toward AHG certification.
Together with your Village Herbalist II weekly classes, this package qualifies you to apply to our Clinical Internship Year.